Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Understanding this UBEC

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:18 PM
emaxx123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Understanding this UBEC

Glad to say this is my first post here on this forum and hope that some major confusion on my behalf can be cleared up.
My setup consists of a Castle Creations Mamba Monster ESC, a flysky receiver, and a hitec 7955tg servo on my traxxas emaxx build.
If I am to use this awesome ubec:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._for_Accs.html
does the bottom left wire, which connects to a battery, get connected to its own battery, in which in this case I want to use a 2s lipo battery, or does the bottom left wire get connected to the ESC's red and black wire by means of soldering and then ultimately to the same battery? And if so that is the case, then do I want to make sure the esc's red wire is disconnected in either or both of those options of connection mentioned above? Im trying to also figure out how I could power my servo and rx with their own battery; I thought this was the way but now im second guessing myself.
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-13-2016, 08:36 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by emaxx123
Im trying to also figure out how I could power my servo and rx with their own battery; I thought this was the way but now im second guessing myself.
Thanks in advance!
I thought the purpose of a battery eliminator circuitry was to...eliminate a battery. When I want to bypass the ESC powering my receiver/servo, I would wire the BEC like:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cc_bec_wiring_diagram.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	2147146  
Old 02-14-2016, 08:40 AM
emaxx123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the future when I want to upgrade my servo to the Hitec 7950th, the product description page states that the servo was designed to run off its own 2S lipo battery. This route im considering with this ubec:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._for_Accs.html
I think would allow me to do that.