Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6014HS acting crazy on initial start up

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:44 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6014HS acting crazy on initial start up

I have a new plane I've set up with a futaba 6014HS and a smart-fly EQ10, Savox high torque digital servos and two seperate 2300ma A123 batteries. I went yesterday to set everything up to hopefully go out and fly her today. Three different times, I turned on the 12Z transmitter first, then powered up the flight pack batteries, the servos just went crazy, moving every which way. I turned the switch off on the airplane and then back on and everything responded just as it should. It's acting like there isn't a proper binding of the radio when first turned on. What could be causing this? Thanks
Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the servos jittering or going full throw? Jitters can be full charged batteries; once some of the charge is drained they will stop. If they are not, for troubleshooting I would eliminate the EQ10 and put the servos direct to the receiver, and of course rebind.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by flyerdave
I have a new plane I've set up with a futaba 6014HS and a smart-fly EQ10, Savox high torque digital servos and two seperate 2300ma A123 batteries. I went yesterday to set everything up to hopefully go out and fly her today. Three different times, I turned on the 12Z transmitter first, then powered up the flight pack batteries, the servos just went crazy, moving every which way. I turned the switch off on the airplane and then back on and everything responded just as it should. It's acting like there isn't a proper binding of the radio when first turned on. What could be causing this? Thanks
A little more information please; what kind of 2.4GHz module are you using? Is the rx set in the "High Speed" mode? Is the tx set in the correct mode?
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Futaba TM-14 module and the rx is set in the high speed mode. I'm going to check the transmitter to see if it is in the correct mode. Thanks
Old 05-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by flyerdave
Futaba TM-14 module and the rx is set in the high speed mode. I'm going to check the transmitter to see if it is in the correct mode. Thanks
I don't think you can run the rx in high speed mode with a module on that tx. Also, while I'm not 100% sure, I believe you have to set the tx for PPM mode in order to use that module.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Silent-AV8R

Change it back to normal mode. Unless you are flying ultra in your face smack 3D helis you will never see the difference between normal and HS mode. Also, you did not mention your servos, but the HS mode requires digitals servos as well.

Just put it in normal mode and go fly!!