Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver mounting location

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 09:49 AM
rabidbat96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver mounting location

Where is the best place to mount a receiver with short antenna,if I go that way?On the sides near the outside of the fuselage or toward the rear top where the wing joins.!
Old 06-20-2016, 08:30 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rabidbat96
Where is the best place to mount a receiver with short antenna,if I go that way?On the sides near the outside of the fuselage or toward the rear top where the wing joins.!
Good Monday! It would help to know the Tx/Rx package that you are installing. It sounds to me that you used to fly the older 72/53/27 MHz systems and have recently upgraded to the 2.4 systems with the shorter antennas. All of the new 2.4 type of rx no longer require the antenna on the outside of the fuse. Doesn't matter if in the center of the fuse, on the sides on the inside or in the back. As usual, try to keep your extensions to a minimum. For FUT systems, make sure that the 2 antennae are secured separate from each other. On JR/Spek systems, for the satellite receivers tie thread to secure the wires' plugs to the satellites and rx. Always preflight the system to make sure all lights on ON and not blinking prior to flight. Hope this helps.