Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

playing with the big boys

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:11 PM
smoketrailcharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default playing with the big boys

Got my tactic 850 and 825 last eve..More than a little intimidated by all the bell and whistles.Before I let the smoke out,What size and type battery.What pins are plus and negative? I plan to fly electric if I can find a Club or tutor in the area.You guys have been so helpful many thanks Smoke Trail Charlie
Old 07-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smoketrailcharlie
Got my tactic 850 and 825 last eve..More than a little intimidated by all the bell and whistles.Before I let the smoke out,What size and type battery.What pins are plus and negative? I plan to fly electric if I can find a Club or tutor in the area.You guys have been so helpful many thanks Smoke Trail Charlie
I do not understand your questions. The 850 normally comes with a 4 cell battery installed along with a charger for it. If you are talking about the plugs on the receiver, they are the standard layout with the added feature that they will accept Futaba connectors without having to shave off the key as well as accepting all standard servo connectors.. The instruction manual does a pretty good job of describing connectors and battery requirements. You did get the manual did you not? If not you can download one for free. If asking about power for the receiver, any 4 or 5 cell NiMh, NiCad or 2 cell Life will work, The center pin will be the positive connection; if you get the ground on the wrong pin, it just won't work but will do no damage. If you are using an ESC (electronic speed control) most will have a built in BEC (battery eliminator circuit) which will provide about 5 volts to the receiver through the throttle servo connection to the BEC. If you are still confused, try to visit the local hobby shop or visit a nearby club for more information as it seem you are a complete novice. Not a put down, we all have to start somewhere and you will find most clubs will be glad to help you.

Last edited by Rodney; 07-10-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add info
Old 07-10-2016, 01:51 PM
smoketrailcharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rodney,You are right I am Pretty much a novice in the hobby grades been flying quads and fixed pitch hellis off and on for awhile.. .79 yrs. old so some actions not as sharp as they once were.Yes the 850 came with battery and charger. the receiver was ordered separately and it came without battery.I use a lot of lipos with the hellis I will order nimh in the morn. No my friend no offence taken when you said i'm a complete novice ,Facts is facts..Thanks so much for the help.Smoke trail Charlie.