Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Skysport 4 broke?

Old 07-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Liner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Skysport 4 broke?

Hi, I bought a new Futaba servo on ebay to install into an Airboat. I had enough servos to switch out the receiver on two different boats to use one radio. Well the new S3003 servo didn't have the tab on it to know which direction to plug it in. So I plugged it in an it didn't work so I stitched it around an it worked. I tried again today to test the function in the boat an of course I forgot the right direction to plug it in. Well it didn't work so I switched it again, this time it made the noise when you first turn it on but the radio won't make the servo move. Did I blow up the receiver? Any help or suggestions? Thanks
Old 07-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Well if it doesn't have the tab on the connector, something is wrong e.g. it's a fake or someone has messed around with it.

That said; plugging the servo in backward will not hurt anything. The hot lead on all servos is in the center with the signal and ground lead on each side. So if you plug it in wrong, it just won't work. If you did the same thing twice and it doesn't work now, check the pins in the rx, make sure you didn't bend one. Are you using a good battery with the appropriate voltage? If either the rx or the servo are clones, one or the other may very well have quit.

May I suggest that when you are new at this, buying your radio gear at a local hobby shop who can help you out and offers the warranty on new parts with no issues about buying fake/clone stuff which is really prevalent on eBay.

Last edited by Zeeb; 07-22-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Liner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this radio about 16 yrs ago from a hobby shop. One servo is from ebay,the other is original an it also won't work on any channel.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Liner
I bought this radio about 16 yrs ago from a hobby shop. One servo is from ebay,the other is original an it also won't work on any channel.
Ummm....

That thing may not even be legal anymore.

I would strongly suggest you pickup a new 2.4GHz system from a manufacturer of your choice. Messing around with a 16 year old radio just isn't worth the time or expense.