Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tactic 650 & 625 signal loss issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Hortco

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tactic 650 & 625 signal loss issues

I have a Tactic 650 transmitter and use the 625 dual antenna receiver in most of my glow fuel planes.
I am experiencing signal loss issues when the plane is further our but so far that you have trouble seeing it.
The plane will start behaving erratically. Sometimes I can regain control but other times I can't and the plane goes down.
I route one antenna outside the fuse and the other at a 90 degree angle from it.
I currently have a Sig Kougar lost in a cornfield because of this.
Has anybody else had issues like this with the Tactic radio?
It makes me want to go back to my FM radios.
I'm beginning to not trust my Tactic.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Tepid Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try posting this in the specific Tactic & Anylink Support Forum. Be patient, might take a few days but Bax will get back to you. Have you performed a range check as per the 650 manual? I like to range check before the day's first flight of each plane.

I have a 650 and several of the 624 single antenna receivers. No range problems with those. Although I fly small electrics usually pretty close in I have a "frankenplane" two meter glider that I fly far off thermal hunting and "speck out" regularly with no loss of signal.

TP
AMA 59376
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can see the model, you should have control, unless you have a problem with the installation. Sometimes, an antenna can have a bad connector. Also, make sure the transmitter antenna is pointed straight up. That gives you the best radiation pattern for almost all purposes.