Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New RC lover

Old 01-01-2017, 08:22 AM
fatherwithRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RC lover

Well its the new year and for Christmas I got an RC. Now don't bash it it's a Redcat Blackout Pro XTE. I don't know much about RCs but I do no that this thing hauls butt. I drove it for the first time yesterday and I don't even have the space to open it all the way. Ill be going to the park today with it.
But I do have a few questions,
1. I bent my front right dog bone. Runs fine still only a little bend but is there an other brand that might be stronger than Redcat?
2. What other parts should I be keeping on hand?
3. This one may be a dumb one but for the parts that don't use screws, like a ball and socket type. How do I get them off? Do they just pop on and off? I don't wanna force anything and risk braking a part.
4. The truck seems to be pulling one way or another. I tried using the trim but them it pulls the other way. I tried also to center the servo and it still does it. Any help with that?
5. Most of the parts on this truck have turnbuckles and are plastic. Now can I adjust them any? The seem to have some thread but not much. Again I do not want to brake anything.
6. Maybe this one is related to number 1 but will almost any 1/10 scale parts fit this truck?
7. I am sure I will have more questions and maybe all of these questions are answered already on different threads, you can just tell me the thread and Id love to read it.
I am a father of six and I have a motorcycle and now an RC monster truck. I needed a hobby that would get me out of the house but not to far that I can't run to save the day for my kids. My youngest son already wants an RC also. Maybe it will be a father son thing. I am not looking to be the next top racer just bash in the ally or park during nap times. If there is any other questions that I may have forgotten please let me know. I am new to this. I have been looking at RCs for about a year now and now I have one. I hope its a lifetime of fun.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

This is a radio forum and while you may have some radio related questions, I think you'd be much better off posting in a car forum or better yet, get one of the mods here to move it for you as they do not like multiple posts on the same subject in multiple forums.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:17 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

[h=2]Redcat Racing Support[/h]
Old 01-22-2017, 08:35 PM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a number of "RCs" - airplanes, helicopters. boats power and sail, submarines, and now those *&^%(& "drones". You will get find more guys with your truck interest who are able to help you if you identify your postings as "I got an RC TRUCK!"