Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo selection. qusetions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:30 PM
krokodyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo selection. qusetions

I'm putting together a FT sea duck, and I hope that it will come in at around 1.2 kg without the battery once finished. I bought the whole electronics package, and plan to use the included $5 emax servos on the ailerons, but they seem a bit weak and unreliable to use on the elevator. So, I figured I might aswell buy one decent servo for the elevator.

The hitec hs-81 and mighty mini bb both seem great. Kinda heavy, but the real problem is height. Does the height include the spline/arm, or only the case? Iv'e got about 33-35 mm of height to use, so if the spline/arm is included then it will fit. But i not, then I would have to lay it down, which would make it a bit more complicated.

Another one that caught my eye is the hitec hs 5055s MG digital. Metal gears is great, and so is digital, but will the 22 oz/in at 6v be enough?

The plane should be 1.2 kg without battery, and will pull over 5 amps at full throttle (I think). Wingspan is 56 inches.

Thanks for any help.

Hubert
Old 01-27-2017, 10:40 PM
crapshooter

the size measurements of servos are just the Case and not the spline etc. [ height / width / length ] for safety of a good model aircraft i would be using the Hitec Servos of the correct size to suit your model. also you shouldn,t need Metal Gear Servos as the Nylon or CarbonLite are fine and lighter.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The HS-81 is 34.4mm in total height (with horn) so it should fit with a hair to spare.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:30 PM
krokodyl

Thanks for the help. I decided to get the HS 65 anyways, as it should have enough torque. I figured that even if I could squish the hs 81 in there, I would still have problems with the pushrod.

Hubert