Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Replace existing radio on old RC Truck

Let me start by apologizing for probably getting much of this wrong. I am admittedly ignorant in most of this stuff (which is why I came here to find experts). I did some basic searches but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyways, I have an older Radio Shack Ford F150 4x4 with dual motors. I know it isn't hobby grade, but it was still $120 when I bought it over ten years ago. It is this exact one: http://www.geocities.ws/erikgillman/RCTruck.htm. It operates on 27.045 MHz, but my radio is busted and I was hoping I might be able to replace it with something I could find on eBay (or elsewhere for under $30). If I find something that is also on 27.045 will it work? What things do I need to be aware of?

Would something like this work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-TX-2-AM-...0AAOSwhOdXn-vI

This thing was super fun and my boys (4 and 3) would get a kick out of it if I could revive it. I'd upgrade it to lipo if I could get it working reliably with a new radio.

Thanks!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If you find a transmitter on the same frequency then it should theoretically work, though it's possible the controls will be reversed. These cheap toy grade trucks are generally only regarded as one-time-use toys, drive them until they break and then toss them out.
    Team HiTEC, Customer Service Representative
    Team AEROBEEZ, Field Representative