Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

4 Aileron Servo Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 06:26 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Aileron Servo Set-up

Hi guys. I posted this question over in the JR support forum but thought I'd post it here also. Danny suggested that I use two Matchbox's for this set-up. How exactly would that be done? I'd like to avoid using the Matchbox if at all possible. Here's the question I posted:

Hello. I have a JR 8103 and would like to set-up my Great Planes Pitts with 4 aileron servos. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Thanks again!!!

Spencer
Old 09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 Aileron Servo Set-up

There are several methods that have been used succesfully for years prior to the availability of Matchbox type devices that have served well.

What type of servos wil you be using? Programmable servos such as Hitecs 5945's would be an excellent choice IMO. There would be no need for any ancillary equipment with these.

Will you have additional channels available for mixing aux channels? Will your RX support the additional channels?

Do you intend to use two channels for the ailerons?
Old 09-25-2003, 03:26 PM
smaze17

Hi Michael. I'll be using a JR 649 9 channel PCM receiver with the 8103. I'm planning on using Hitec 475HB's on the ailerons. I currently have both elevator servos mixed using program mix 5 & 3. I'm having a hard time trying to get them both to move equadistantly but that's a whole nother story. I think what I'd like to do is use one y-harness for the top wing and one for the bottom. What would you do?

Thanks for your help!

Spence
Old 09-25-2003, 10:59 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use a wye for both upper and lower servos on each side of the model, only.

I not much on JR TX's but there is a mix, factory default for the aileron dual servo function as is for the dual elevator servos. When you program your own mixes that are many things that are often over looked that effect equal speed and travel. Use the factory mixes!

Since the ailerons surfaces/servos are not interconnected you can simply use a wye for the left and right aileron control. Center each surface with the radio system on and then check travel. I'd suggest getting a control throw meter to set the surfaces up. It's important they move equally in all directions. From here you can adjust each control horn and turn-buckle to your needs.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:39 AM
smaze17

Thanks Michael!

SM