Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FlySky/Turnigy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:00 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FlySky/Turnigy

Are FlySky and Turnigy one and the same? I see the i10 radio (appears to be the same radio) with both names on the front of it. An interesting sounding radio to say the least.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

FlySky is the "OEM" and Turnigy is a re-branded model.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought one of these when they first became available. I like to try radios just to see what new innovations are out there. Mine was purchased via Amazon as they were the first to list them close to a year ago.

It is an interesting system and performed well on the bench. The touch screen was similar to a smart phone but lagged a little when touched or scrolled. There were a lot of programming features in addition to full telemetry. It appeared as well built as as most low cost systems in the current marketplace.

It failed on the first flight. It range checked fine bit upon take off and just passed the range check distance it locked up and spiraled in. Damage was minor as it was in a foamy test plane.. We walked the receiver out and it again failed about 20 feet beyond the range test mark.

I contacted Amazon to see if there was a service center I could ship it too. Any radio can fail right out of the box so I was not upset about it but wanted to get it repaired to again give it a try as my overall impression was very positive.

Amazon responded with a call tag for it's return and issued a full refund as they did not have a service connection.

I believe now there are several US vendors selling this radio with some service available. I'm unsure if the Turnigy brand (Hobby King) has a service center so I would check that out.

Overall the radio had positive benefits but I didn't get too far into it other than bench time.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 AM
sleeperNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Flyskyi10 and have been using it for all my planes. I have 3 30cc planes, 3 glow planes ranging in size from .40 to .61 size and 1 electric. 3 have the old 9x 8chl. rx and the rest have the i10 rx with 2 of them being the Turnigy brand rx. I have to this date never had a problem with any of them. I fly at least 2 days a week. It has been a solid radio.

Jim
Old 04-05-2017, 09:47 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 9x that I used for a couple years then flashed it with new open source firmware. A ton of features. I also have an i10. That is one sweet radio. I may get the i18 when it comes out. I like how easy it is to setup mixing functions.

Buzz.