Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX+RX combo recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
///M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX+RX combo recommendations please

I've received a Tamiya TT-01 chassis kit as a magazine competition prize. I've only built one Tamiya kit before a long time ago as a teenager called a Baja Frog buggy, so this will be my second. Included in the prize was supposed to be everything required to get up and running. I have the basic kit including a TEU-101BK ESC, a Tamiya TLU-01 LED light kit, a 7.2V NiCD battery+charger & an Acoms Techniplus AP-202/40 2ch, 2servo RC unit.

I realise this is all old stuff now. It has been sitting around waiting for me to get into it. I've started the build of the kit. I have already bought a metal bearing kit 53497, the steering kits 53670 + 53864 as well as a GT Tune motor 53779 as well. Also on the way to me is the aluminium drive shaft 54026.

With all that sorted for now as far as how I want the initial build of the car to go, my attention turns to the RC equipment. Unfortunately, the included Acoms unit I've received doesn't for some reason unknown to me, come with any servos, a receiver or any frequency crystals. All I have is the hand held stick controller, a packet of lever arms to go on a servo spindle and an AA-battery case holder.

I strongly suspect the controller now is so old and obsolete that sourcing these matching components for it, is going to be impossible. Can anyone please recommend a sensible economical solution to this dilemma? I'm not wanting to take over the world by remote control, so I don't need something that costs $1,000+ that will allow me to control anything and everything forevermore. All I need is the cheapest, simplest, easiest controller solution that will allow me to get this TT-01 chassis up and running.

These are the tech specs of the transmitter controller I do have:

and I suspect this is the receiver I need to match it, but at £17 for just the receiver and then still needing to buy a couple of crystals as well on top, that it might be cheaper to just buy a whole new controller kit?

As a bare minimum, I need a steering servo that will fit in a TT-01, a 2-channel receiver that will work with an Acoms Techniplus AP-202/40Mhz AM BEC transmitter and a couple of crystals to suit. If that all ends up being more expensive than a whole newer generation RC controller kit, then obviously that would be the more economical way to go. Problem is, I don't know where to start looking. I need some advice please.

Last edited by ///M; 07-11-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:05 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are a few "budget" radios for cars. They come with the Tx and the Rx.

FlySky FS-GT2 2.4G 2CH Gun Transmitter for Radio Controlled Cars w/ Receiver (Complete Set) 79P-GT2-Blue

https://www.amazon.com/FlySky-GT-3C-...&keywords=GT3C

Buzz.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:04 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Radiolink RC3S 2.4G 4CH Transmitter Receiver Programable for RC Car Boat E0F7 eBay
I believe the RadioLink Tx/Rx is one step above the FlySky FS-GT3C. I have both systems and both are great for the money. But one of my three FS-GT3C transmitters that I own has lost it's neutral at the trigger. It just so happens to be the newest of the bunch, and only lasted a couple of months I believe. So that prompted me to give the RadioLink a try. So far, so good. I will add that the other two FS-GT3C radios have been working flawlessly though. Go figure.