Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX7S

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 07:58 PM
cyhohk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7S

Hello, could someone had this experience. One day I used my DX7S flying in normal condition. I changed the battery from 4.8v Nimh to 6.4v LiFe and worked normally. However, I forgot to switch it off for more than a week until last night I took it out. OMG, the radio had no response at all even I changed a new pack of battery. Switch but not on. Could any of you had such experience before and how to fix it?

thank you

CY
Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send an e-mail to Spectrum. Frying a transmitter with a high voltage battery is common. Dan.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:05 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I assme you are talking aobut the receiver battery since the transmitter battery pack is 9.6 VDC. What receiver are you using?
Old 06-01-2017, 04:22 PM
cyhohk

Originally Posted by All Day Dan
Send an e-mail to Spectrum. Frying a transmitter with a high voltage battery is common. Dan.
hello Dan, thank you for your reply. I just plug in 6.4v to the transmitter has been working for several weeks without problem until I forgot to switch off after the last flight. So I think it's not matter of high volt. I have contacted Specktrum about this.

cy
Old 06-01-2017, 04:24 PM
cyhohk

Originally Posted by rgburrill
I assme you are talking aobut the receiver battery since the transmitter battery pack is 9.6 VDC. What receiver are you using?
hello,
i meant transmitter had problem because I forgot to switch off after last flight over weeks.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
The DX7S uses a 4-cell NiMH pack, not an 8-cell. You must be thinking of the original DX7.

Hello, could someone had this experience. One day I used my DX7S flying in normal condition. I changed the battery from 4.8v Nimh to 6.4v LiFe and worked normally. However, I forgot to switch it off for more than a week until last night I took it out. OMG, the radio had no response at all even I changed a new pack of battery. Switch but not on. Could any of you had such experience before and how to fix it?

thank you

CY
It sounds like the issue is that the battery pack itself is damaged. This is to be expected if you over-drain it. When you put it on the power supply to charge, does the blue LED start glowing? If not, that means the pack isn't charging. It's kaput. Get a new pack, or put the old NiMH back in and test it.

Andy
Old 07-12-2017, 11:45 PM
cyhohk

Hello friends, my DX7S is finally fixed. Thank you for all of you paid attention to my problem. The problem of my radio comes from the SD card. It has been taken away then the radio comes to normal now.

thank you for all your help!