Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX9 Timer Button Change

Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 AM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spektrum DX9 Timer Button Change

Just recently did the 1.11 update on my DX9, and my timer button function has been changed. According to a Spektrum representative, nothing has been changed, it's always been that way, but what's actually happening right in front of me debunks that theory. It used to be that when I hit the back button to start the timer, the voice would say "timer start". If I hit the back button again, the volume icon would start flashing, but all she would say "timer stop", and that would be the end of it unless I changed the volume number. In that case, she would call out the volume change, for example, "volume 85". But again, if I didn't change the volume value, nothing else would be said.

After the update, now, when I hit the back button, she says "timer start", but if I hit it again while the volume icon is flashing, even if I don't change the volume value, she says, "timer stop VOLUME", or sometimes "timer stop VOLUME 100". The volume part is said really loudly. It's more annoying than it is a problem, but if there's a way to get it back to the way it used to be, I'm all for it. The fact that the anomaly is not the same every time tells me that it's some kind of glitch. I've even gone through changing the various volume levels in system settings. None of that worked.

Anyone else experience this? If so have you found a fix for it (as in quieting the volume value report)? I know that I can just change the button that starts and stops the timer, but other buttons just don't logistically work for my setups. Besides, for all the DX9 is capable of, I find it hard to believe that the only solution to such a simple thing is to just change the button. That's like trimming out unwanted behavior in a bad flying airplane instead of fixing the problem and making it fly well.

Ideas anyone?