Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Plane setup ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:24 AM
wagspe208
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane setup ??

So, I programmed a spectrum 8 tx for my little profile plane.
I have been out of the hobby for quite a few years, and think I made an error!
I only set the plane up with conservative throws, and no active dual rate switches.
So, I used servo travel to adjust my throws. I assume that is wrong, because I would have to go set up my travel adjustments again for every DR switch.
Another way, I assume I should adjust my travel for max throw desired. THEN, use dual rates to lesson throw in "sissy" mode.
So, 100% dr is all out, and conservative flying would be 40% or whatever??
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Set servo travel for as much as the plane will do mechanically and set that as your 3D rate OR set the travels to as high as you want them for your high rates then dual rates will be some lower percentage of that.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Even better, have the servo travel set to max and then lengthen the control horns at the servos to reduce surface travel. Also, if your transmitter allows, dial in some expo which will soften the response when the stick is first moved off neutral. I prefer expo over dual rates as when dual rates are set to the lower end you loose resolution.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:25 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rodney I think you accidently typed that backwards. If you lengthen the control horn at the servo it will increase surface travel not reduce it.

John
Old 06-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
Rodney I think you accidently typed that backwards. If you lengthen the control horn at the servo it will increase surface travel not reduce it.

John
The control horns are on the moveable surface, not on the servo. If I had said servo arms you would be correct.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

FWIW I read it the same way, lengthen the arm at the servo to reduce travel. Which we both know is backwards