RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

T14SG loss of link?

Old 07-07-2017, 04:57 PM
RDJeff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default T14SG loss of link?

I'm a bit of a newbie to some of this stuff, but this one has me concerned and baffled. I've had this radio for a few years with no troubles, until yesterday, when I took my CZ Cub to the field, and couldn't get any servo movement, although they were making some sounds. I tried a number of times to re-bind the receiver, but no luck. This is with an FR Sky 6 channel unit. The green light is lit, but the red light is lit too.

To add to the misery, I flew another few planes today, and after re-fueling one of them right after a flight, I got no response when turning the plane back on. I pulled the wing off and the red light is lit. This plane has a Futaba R617 receiver. I didn't mess with it any after discovering this problem, and packed up and came home.

Are these two problems related? What would cause these problems? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
Old 07-08-2017, 10:24 AM
RDJeff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I neglected to mention that on the CZ Cub, after I saw there was a problem, a friend at the field loaned me a Futaba R617 to try, and I was unable to get that one to link either. This is seeming like a transmitter problem, which is kind of scary, as I now have about 25 planes in it!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you believe the transmitter has a difficulty, we can certainly check it out. Before you send it in, though, please save all models to an SD card and then they won't get lost if something causes a memory rewrite during the repair process.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:32 PM
RDJeff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Bill. What I figured out was that when I set up a flap/elevator mixfor the CZ Cub, it started giving me a warning message "Airbrake warning, transmit Y/N? I had been selecting the No default, and once I changed it to Yes, the problem went away. Why it affected the other plane that has no flaps is a bit of a puzzle. Thanks again for your support!

Jeff

Search this Thread