Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo jitters when almost full travel help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:12 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo jitters when almost full travel help

The servo starts jittering when the lever is almost all the way up and when its all the way up? It also is causing the other servo to jitter when this one is up.. Is there a method to test why? This is a crystal radio and my other crystal radios are doing fine when this happens to this one. This is a sail boat out of water and no tension on the servos. Thanks Ron
Old 07-11-2017, 06:20 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Is this a new servo or an older one? I had an older servo that was worn in the feed back pot at a certain place and when it hit that spot it went nuts. That would cause all the other servos to go semi-nuts as well due to lugging down the receiver voltage.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:16 AM
darticus

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Is this a new servo or an older one? I had an older servo that was worn in the feed back pot at a certain place and when it hit that spot it went nuts. That would cause all the other servos to go semi-nuts as well due to lugging down the receiver voltage.
These are new servos. Today its not doing it. I did move both crystals to make sure they were seated correctly but now its stopped. Don't think what I did fixed it. Maybe a CB or Ham Radio in the area. Sun spots??? Will keep checking. Thanks Ron
Old 07-15-2017, 10:01 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Servos sometimes jitter when the battery is freshly charged. Once the voltage drops a bit, it's OK again.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:27 PM
darticus

Its doing it again. Just tried it today. I did cut the travel with the adjusters and its helping. I think I need a new cheap radio 2 channel for my sailboat with servos. Can be crystal or is it better to use digital? Any good cheap new stuff around or on ebay you can suggest? Thanks Ron
Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It might help if you stated what brand radio, what frequency, AM, FM, PCM or??? What brand servos?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:47 PM
darticus

Originally Posted by Rodney
It might help if you stated what brand radio, what frequency, AM, FM, PCM or??? What brand servos?
I think 75 mhz am. This is for a sailboat. I really don't know what fm or pcm are for. Thanks Ron
Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM
darticus

Found out today that the jitters happen, to the servos, daily between the hours of 9am and and 7pm even on Sundays. What is causing this and is there a fix for this? Other boat are OK. I guess a radio change, frequency, is needed. Ron
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I'm going to take a guess that this is an older radio that's more susceptible to interference from outside sources than your other radios. It could be that it has an old wide-band receiver, or is just plain out of tune.
Replace it and save yourself a lot of trouble. Tower will sell you a new Futaba two channel if you can afford fifty bucks. I'm sure you can find similar deals with some shopping.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
darticus

Originally Posted by grotto2
I'm going to take a guess that this is an older radio that's more susceptible to interference from outside sources than your other radios. It could be that it has an old wide-band receiver, or is just plain out of tune.
Replace it and save yourself a lot of trouble. Tower will sell you a new Futaba two channel if you can afford fifty bucks. I'm sure you can find similar deals with some shopping.

I ordered the Futaba Attack and it should do the job. Thanks Ron