Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver for KingKong 90GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:04 AM
anvoice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver for KingKong 90GT

Hello,
I've got a small KingKong 90GT drone that I'm trying to get airborne. The issue I'm having is selecting the right receiver (I have the PNP version with a Frsky AC800 receiver, but I only have a Flsky FS-i6 transmitter so I'll have to get a new receiver) and figuring out how to connect it to the drone's microcontroller. My AC800 came with the ground, power, and, and signal leads cut so there's no way to plug them into the drone, thus I can't gauge where the leads were originally going. My guess is they go into the 9-pin connector to the left of the flight controller, into the pins labeled gnd, vcc, and ch1/PPM, respectively. So my questions are those:
1) Do I have the connection details right?
2) Will any small receiver with PPM protocol that is compatible with my Flsky FS-i6 work with the KingKong 90GT, or do I need to select something specifically compatible with that drone? If so, could you recommend a model?
Thanks ahead of time.

Update: upon inspecting the underside of my drone I found another RX installed already that has the marking "FSI6-RX" on the back. Not sure where it came from, but I was hopeful it might be compatible with the FS-i6 transmitter I have. Apparently no luck as it doesn't bind (the blue light on the RX flashes after giving it power while pressing the sole button but transmitter just says RXBinding perpetually) to the transmitter. Any suggestions as to what kind of RX this might be, maybe it's compatible and I'm just doing something wrong?
Update2: I see now that whoever installed this RX put it in USART 2, which according to the manual supports SBUS/DSM, not PPM. That still shouldn't affect the binding procedure though right? Can't figure out how this receiver is anything but Flysky, so not sure why it's incompatible. Very similar looking RX to this: Banggood RX, has the same chip (A7105) on it too.

Last edited by anvoice; 07-19-2017 at 01:50 PM.