Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rx-1 receiver replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 PM
CORVETTEBRETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx-1 receiver replacement

Ok so my son has decided he wants to get into RC cars. He has a very simple cheap buggy he bought to learn on with his own money. He saw my old HPI nitro MT1 in the shop. It looks almost new because I took care of it when I used to run it. The last time it was out it bumped a curb and shut down I thought it had just knocked a battery loose in it. But instead it killed the receiver I'm pretty sure cause it's busted open. After a bit of research I had read many places that the 27mhz receivers like the RX-1 could be mixed and match as long as the crystals were the same. I'm guessing that was bad info since I bought a Traxxas 2215 receiver and the batter plug is 3 pin compared to the 2 pin(black/red) battery wire mine has. Is this receiver compatible with my truck and all I need is a battery pack with 3 pins. Need help, I'm beyond a newbie on this so please use small words..lol

Just trying to get it running for some quality time with my son. If he shows enough interest we will get him something nice. Thanks for any help in advance. And sorry if this isn't the right place to post.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:34 AM
CORVETTEBRETT

Traxxas 3170X is this what I need to make everything work or is the receiver not compatible with my truck/tx-2 transmitter?

Any help is appreciated
Old 09-28-2017, 06:12 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

One of the big differences in receivers back then was the power and ground pins were reversed between manufacturers. Another difference on FM receivers was the frequency shift was a positive shift for some manufacturers and a negative shift for others. I don't think this would have an similar issue with AM receivers, though.

Plugging a 2 pin connector onto a 3 pin receptacle, however, usually is not a problem as long as they both use .1 inch spacing and the connector shell fits.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:11 AM
CORVETTEBRETT

It has what I think is a just connector which is 2 thick to plug in the slot
Old 09-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would need pictures to tell you for sure. Post pictures of the wires going to the servo too.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:36 AM
CORVETTEBRETT

Ironically enough I don't have enough posts yet to post pics.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:40 PM
CORVETTEBRETT

Sorry
CORVETTEBRETT

For the
CORVETTEBRETT

Multiple
Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 PM
CORVETTEBRETT

CORVETTEBRETT

Got the battery pack in yesterday and it all works. Thanks to those who were helpful.