Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with using Transmitter/Receiver with motors

Old 09-17-2017, 03:07 AM
transatlantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with using Transmitter/Receiver with motors

Hi

I'm trying to build my own RC tank type steering thing where the steering is done via a motor on each of the back wheels. I bought the following items (Note I need this to move slowly, hence the 60 RPM motor) :

(Sorry - I'm not allowed to post links yet)

Flysky Fs-T6 2.4G 6 Channel Radio System
Overlander 3300mah 7.2v NiMH Battery
12v 60 RPM Motor (Micro Gear Box Motor Speed Reduction Gearbox Centric Output Shaft) (eBay item number:122671122349)
Kamtop RC Speed Controller 320A High-frequency Drive System Electronic Speed Controller

I've hooked everything up, but the problem I am having is that when I switch from forward to reverse using one of the thumb sticks on the transmitter, the motor stops and will not do anything until I return to the neutral thumb position, wait a bit, and try again. Yet, if I go forwards, flick back to neutral, wait 1 second and then go backwards, it works?

It doesn't seem to like me rapidly switching from forwards to reverse .. yet I need that behaviour for the tank type steering behaviour I'm going for.

Is this due to a problem with the configuration I have bought? ... possibly because the motor is 12v and the battery is only 7.2v? ... I thought this would work fine, just that it would be slower? Or is it due to the motor controller not being suitable for my application?