Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TGY-AEV01 Programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:08 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Question TGY-AEV01 Programming

I recently purchased a Turnigy TGY-i6S 6 channel system from Hobby King. Please don't turn this into a HK or Turnigy bashing thread. There are many reasons to buy these products and cost is one of the major ones.

This system comes with both a TGY-IA6B 6 channel receiver and a TGY-iA6C I-bus receiver. In order to use the iA6C I purchased the TGY-AEV01 I-bus expander. I am providing power to the AEV01 and it, in turn, provides power to the iA6C. I know the RX talks to the TX because I get the RX battery status shown on my transmitter display. However, I don't get any indication of how to program the AEV01 channels. There is supposed to be a display on the transmitter to do that programming. Has anyone here used these, or any of the other FlySky equavlents, together?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:06 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I forgot I put this here. An update - the answer is FlySky and Turnigy lie. First, the AEV01 is not for the iA6B and iA6C, it's for the IA10 which has an Ibus connect output. The CEV01 has the correct cable to connect to the iA6B/C. Second, unlike the i10 the i6S does NOT have a way to program the Ibus channels. You are stuck with using the standard channel sequence, i.e. channels 1-4 on outputs C1-C4. I haven't tested the use of sequential AEV01s but my assumption is if you want to use channels 7-10 on the i6S (it's supposed to be able to do that) you have to have 3 AEV01s in series. This is not too bad with the iA6C but with the iA6B you would have 6 useless servo outputs.