Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Westport Variant

Old 10-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Joel_L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Westport Variant

Hi,

I just got a Westport Variant on EBay. It's a single Stick, looks to have heli mixing as an option. Anyone have schematics or manual scans? The radio does work but I want to understand more about how it works.

Thanks
Joel
Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a little information here:
Radio Control Manufacturer: Westport
In one of the ads there are some names of winning competitors. If they are still around, they may be able to help.
Also, magazines of the period shown may have review articles.

This is generally a good place to explore antique radios, but I couldn't find any Westport information:
vintagercfiles-home
Old 10-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Joel_L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I'm familiar with those sites, nice info on vintage radios. I've been going through the radio and have been figuring out how it works. Today I went through and re-calibrated each channel to use 1.5ms centers. Still looking at the mixing circuit to understand how it works.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, Joel.
The vintage files site owner is a friend of mine and we've collected those files over several years.
Any scribbles you make that may be pertinent would be an appreciated contribution.