RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TTX660 "forgets"ch5 set

Old 10-11-2017, 07:59 PM
52larry52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TTX660 "forgets"ch5 set

I have a brand new TTX660 and TR625 installed in a newly restored, kit built T.F. Cessna 182 that I can't get the TX to activate ch#5 after turning the TX off and then back on. I am using ch#5 to rotate a Futaba 3004 servo with small round arm reshaped to act as a cam that trips a micro switch turning on the lighting system (nav lights, beacon, and landing lights). The servo, switch and lights have been in this aircraft for 15 yrs and the system works every time if the servo rotates and trips the switch. As part of the restoration I upgraded the radio from a 72mh Futaba to a new 2.4 Tactic. Here's what happens.....following the "ch5 and ch6 set" instructions on page 20, I select ch#5, then go down one line to "ctrl", hit enter and a "chose the switch" instruction appears, I flip switch "E" and a graphic of the switch appears (it's a 3 pos toggle switch chosen for it's location on the TX, don't need 3 positions). Here is where the instructions loose me. The switch graphic shows a changable # next to each of the 3 possible switch positions (#0, #1, & #2). I have tried all possible combinations of #0 #1 & #2 and as long as the TX is not turned off and on it works, when the "E" switch is flipped the servo on ch#5 rotates and the lights come on. I can turn off the RX (airplane switch), then back on and as long as the TX wasn't turned off and on the system (servo) works. If I shut down both the TX and RX ( RX off first and TX on first of course) the Ch#5 does nothing as if the TX "forgot" what was set just a moment ago. What am I doing wrong or does the TX have a memory problem on that function.

Last edited by 52larry52; 10-11-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 AM
rgburrill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What you did wrong was bought a Tactic transmitter Just joking. Seriously though it does sound like your transmitter has an issue. I don't have the Tactic and their website doesn't seem to have a manual for the 660 but the 650 manual says to hit ESC after you have configured the channel My Turnigy is particular about exiting out of the configuration menu so I assume Tactic is as well especially since they make a point of telling you to hit ESC to complete the setup. It's tempting to ignore this requirement and think that once you have set up the channels you can just go straight to operation mode.
The other option is that you transmitter odes indeed have a problem.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM
52larry52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

rgburrill, Thanks for your thoughts on this. Yes the 660 instructions also state to hit "escape" at the end and I do. I have also tried assigning this function to 2 other toggle switches (2 position on these) with the same results. As long as the TX is not shut down it will rotate servo on ch#5 but is dead after powering down the TX and turning it back on (in the correct order, RX off first and TX on first). I was hoping that Bax from Hobby Services would chime in on this problem.

Last edited by 52larry52; 10-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 AM
52larry52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mr. Moderator, Can I please get you to move this thread to the Tactic Manufacturers Support Forum so maybe Bax will see it and answer. I tried to post this question in there but ended up here and I don't know how to move it. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM
52larry52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just spoke to Hobby Services about this problem and they know about the issue. They have requested that I send the TX to them for an update (they are sending me a return shipping label ). I will give an update after the TX is returned to me.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:35 PM
52larry52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good news! Yesterday the "Big Brown Truck" dropped off a package from Hobby Services. Instead of updating or repairing my original TX they have replaced it with another new TX, and this one works on the "Ch5 and Ch6 set" function and doesn't loose the setting after the TX is turned off and on. Problem solved! It took only 9 days total with shipping on both ends. This is excellent customer service. Hobby Services is the service arm of Tower Hobbies and they are the shining example of how RC sales and service should be done. Thanks to all at Hobby Services and Tower Hobbies.

Search this Thread