Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 28X Trouble :(

Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Vteckz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 28X Trouble :(

Hi Guys,I've just been stung real bad ..So I purchased a 28X from a guy in Australia (Second hand) who said the radio was in good condition.. when it finally arrived however this was not the case.
The top left 3 way toggle switch was completely broken, and the aerial was also broken off in 3 places.
Initially the radio powered on , however it was getting channel interference all over the place from the broken switch (I could hear it beeping when I gave the radio a shake ) probably from the broken switch.Eventually the touch screen interfaces hung completely, so I pulled the pack in an attempt to reset, and now its completely dead. it will not turn on at all , and I'm stuck with a $2K brick door stop Of course the seller is adamant it was in good condition when he shipped... no surprises there.I've contacted JR Americas service centre , however haven't had a response. I see that Horizon no longer offer repair for JR either , so now I'm stumped as to where I can send this unit. I'm happy to pay for the repair.Does anyone have any ideas??
Second question.. Does anyone know if this radio has a fuse on-board? What should the voltage of the on-board CR2302 be?Has anyone with any technical knowledge opened one of these up and can tell me some of the things to check please? I fear I will not be likely able to get any repair services from where I am.Any help much appreciated.Cheers
Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RC depot in Japan is a repair station you can talk to them.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

radiosouthrc.com ? Radio Control Systems Repair, JR, Pro-Line, Futaba, Radios, Service, Airtronics, Spektrum, Radio South

These guys are experts here in the U.S. If it's fixable, they can do it. Sorry for your trouble... those radios aren't cheap either... no doubt. It's hopefully worth fixing, as in good shape they're one of the best out there. Good luck with it.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:03 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

This off the main topic, can the JR28X be used with the 6 meter tx module? I would like to purchase a new JR radio to replace all my 10X's. I fly on the 6 meter band and have no use for the 2.4 ghz band. Our club has had so much interference with the 2.4 over the years that I would never feel comfortable using the 2.4 band. I have never had an issue on the 6 meter band.

Thanks,
Old 11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Word has it that a reply from RC Depot about a 28X repair, that the 28X is discontinued and no support for it will be offered, either software or parts.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Maesstro

Hello, someone can send me files from micro SD card which is located inside JR 28X?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 PM
DGrant

Originally Posted by Maesstro
Hello, someone can send me files from micro SD card which is located inside JR 28X?
Yes. It can be done. Your question is very vague though. Exactly what files? Or is it a general question as to whether it can be done?

Of course the card has to be removed, and put into a computer, with the correct micro SD adapter, or slot in their computer, and you need to tell them what files your wanting.

It cannot be done when the card is in the radio.....LOL.... and you'll need a micro SD adapter or slot in your computer on your end to get the files to your card, then into your radio.

Last edited by DGrant; 12-28-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:19 AM
Maesstro

Originally Posted by DGrant
Yes. It can be done. Your question is very vague though. Exactly what files?
I need all files from microSD

The card is easily removed from the radio, just remove the back panel of the radio.
If you can send me these files, I'll write to you in pm with my email.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM
DGrant

I didn't say I could do it... I said it could be done. Sorry if you were mislead. If you go to the JRamerica.com , and/or Horizonhobby.com You really should be able to find what you're looking for. Just enter your radio model into Google.com and that will lead you in the right direction. Good luck with it.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:40 AM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need all files from microSD

The card is easily removed from the radio, just remove the back panel of the radio.
If you can send me these files, I'll write to you in pm with my email.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
TO Maestro: Since you are in Italy, neither JR-America nor Horizon will help you; probably no point in
telephoning or emailing them. .
Do you have a 28X ? You can download the 28X operating software from the JR-America web site.
They have version '0005' for downloading. It is not the latest version but quite good.
You can download version '0006' from the JR Japan web site. It is the latest version I use with minor
changes. compared to version '0005'.
That is all you should need. Follow instructions for installation on the JR America, or JR Japan web site.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Maesstro

I already got the files, thanks to kind people.
The radio is working again.
Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2018, 03:15 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

One issue I have with my 28x is ever so often the sticks need re-calibration as in flight I’m chasing trims. This happens on all aircraft I fly the radio with. I think I have the latest software. Just curious about this
Old 01-07-2018, 01:19 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had that stick calibration issue with my 28X.
Do you have version 0005 or 0006 software that are the most recent and I think are
both OK.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:09 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 205 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Maesstro
I already got the files, thanks to kind people.
The radio is working again.
Happy New Year!
Anyone out there able to send me the files on the internal SD Card?
My 28X bricked and I need to replace the internal card.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
Old 04-01-2020, 10:18 AM
BeastMode87

Last edited by BeastMode87; 04-01-2020 at 09:05 PM.