Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6 /E-flite Scimitar

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:51 AM
DaveK68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Spektrum DX6 /E-flite Scimitar

I'm looking for a little help please. I have recently acquired an E-flite Scimitar and am trying to figure out how to mix the servo that controls the thrust vectoring (on Aux 1, AR610 receiver) with the Rudder - this needs to be switchable to disable and activate when safe to do so. I'm using a Spektrum DX6. I assume I have to set configure/map the Aux 1 to Rudder, which certainly works but it's not mixed or switchable; when I go into mixing simply can't get it to work. Have the plane set up as elevon with normal rudder. My experience of mxing is ZERO; an expert step-by step guide on this would really help - thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:53 AM
Michael R.
My Feedback: (37)

Default DX6 and Scimitar mixing help

Visit page 16 of the radio manual: https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM6700-Manual_EN.pdf

There you will find the instructions for the Channel Input Configuration within the System Menu.

Select Aux 1 and move the switch you'd like to use to turn the mix on and off.

Page 14 of the Scimitar manual details the rest of the radio and mechanical setup: https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL10175_EN.pdf

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:52 AM
DaveK68

Thanks Michael, I've tried following the instructions and it seems that when I choose wing type as elevons I can't assign a switch to the AUX 1 channel - it won't let me select it in the channel input configuration it looks like this Aux1: N/A; it seems that I can only confure a switch to the gear channel as it's the only channel it lets me select. I'm really not sure if this is a restriction when using elevons or if I'm doing something fundementally wrong - which i don't think I am as it's pretty straight forward! I'm a little confused.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:00 AM
Michael R.

I'll try to get a radio in front of me today and work it through. Hold tight.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Michael R.

Okay.

I was mistaken about the Switch configuration step... it's not necessary for the reasons you found. I apologize for the confusion.

Make sure your radio is equipped with the latest firmware.

I just did a Scimitar setup in a DX6 G2 (the radio you have). In the function list, select Mixing. Scroll to P-MIX1 and select. Customize the mix to read RUD>FLP. At the bottom of the screen, select Switch and move the switch you wish to select, then click out of the item. Now scroll up to the rate area, select and set both to 100%. Now check your work. Add or reduce the rates if you encounter interference. Confirm that you on/off switch works properly. I used the flap switch.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Michael R.; 11-21-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael R.
Okay.

I was mistaken about the Switch configuration step... it's not necessary for the reasons you found. I apologize for the confusion.

Make sure your radio is equipped with the latest firmware.

I just did a Scimitar setup in a DX6 G2 (the radio you have). In the function list, select Mixing. Scroll to P-MIX1 and select. Customize the mix to read RUD>FLP. At the bottom of the screen, select Switch and move the switch you wish to select, then click out of the item. Now scroll up to the rate area, select and set both to 100%. Now check your work. Add or reduce the rates if you encounter interference. Confirm that you on/off switch works properly. I used the flap switch.

Hope this helps.
Wow, a user I do not recognize, he's in Champaign with access to radios and models. Does this mean we've got a Horizon tech to help out here????
Old 11-22-2017, 01:08 AM
DaveK68

Michael - brilliant - worked first time. Thank you very much for your help on this. Dave
Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 AM
Michael R.

Great news. Have fun, Dave!