Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about Receivers 12v

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:46 PM
fastguz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question about Receivers 12v

Hello and sorry for my bad English or that im kind of noob in RC stuff
I'm about to create my own RC car made mostly of stuff made from CNC router machine , 3D printer etc. with infinity materials like PVC , Plexiglas, wood , Aluminium and i'm trying to make it incredibly fast (100 km/h at least). The thing is that i have 12v el. motor , incredibly powerful (15k rpm for 12v ) and i wanna use it but i cant find any RC receivers with 12v output voltage ... Can you help me with some ideas or any receivers models that will do the work ? I'm planing to buy RC controller that depend on the ideas that you give me and ill buy servo , and most parts from aliexpress, for example , cuz i'm searching the cheapest way. The RC car will be Prototype and a lot of stuff will be replaced , changed , tuned
Thx
Old 11-23-2017, 07:54 PM
jim billings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You’re not going to find a receiver with a 12volt output. Receivers produce a pulse of voltage about 1.5 milliseconds wide which can vary +/- .5 milliseconds according to the position of the transmitter’s speed control. The pulse occurs about 20 times per second. Each output (channel) of the receiver has the same output as the next but separated by 2 milliseconds.
The receiver is used to control the output of an Electronic Speed Control (ESC) to drive a motor The ESC must be chosen to provide the proper output for the motor type (brushed or brushless) and the motor’s current requirements which may vary from a few amperes to hundreds of amperes with voltage requirements from 4 or 5 volts to 50 or more volts.
Your task is to determine the motor type, determine its current requirements (you already know its voltage requirement), and select the ESC and batteries required to drive the motor. Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:29 PM
fastguz

Thank you for the information. But it seems very difficult for me to find the proper one. Can i ask you , please, to find me one "ESC" for my Brushed 12v motor and the 12v 1.5Ah battery that im about to use? I'll probably use "FS-A3 3CH Receiver". I can replace the battery or receiver if its necessary? Thank you for the help !
Old 11-24-2017, 05:17 AM
pilotpete2

The battery does not diectly connect to the receiver. Most esc's have a bec, or battery eliminator circuit that provides 5V to the receiver through the throttle connection to the receiver.
Pete
Old 11-24-2017, 10:10 AM
jim billings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best source of the information you need would be a local hobby shop or RC club. Relying on advice from these forums would (in my opinion) produce poor as well as good information. Selecting the good from the not so good would be chancy, at best. Good luck.