Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is this crystal

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Balsa4evr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this crystal

Am I the only one still using 72 mhz? Anyway I'm new to the site and have a lot of the old stuff still in good working order, but I am still wondering if there is a way to tell Futaba Rx crystals from Hitec Rx crystals without trying them. What about unspecified GWS crystals? I have a few stashed away and they all look pretty much the same..sorry if this is an old question but I did do a search..thanks..

Last edited by Balsa4evr; 11-26-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Are you talking about the single conversion or double conversion crystals? Most anything narrow band is double conversion.

Later Futaba dual conversion crystals had a 5/16" wide plastic label wrapped completely around the crystal top to bottom with a red tab that sticks out the top. On this tab is the channel number printed in white. The main part of the label also says "dual conversion". The channel frequency and RX is also printed on the label.

Hitec crystals have a similar label with some differences. The label is only 3/16" wide and similarly wraps around the crystal with a tab at the top. This label is mostly white overall with the the channel frequency printed in black. The tab has the channel number printed in black with a "CHxx" format.

There are exceptions but these labels were common for quite a few years. While highly not recommended, I have interchanged Futaba the Hitec crystals before with good results and no loss of range.