Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

used T14SG. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Beibitoi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used T14SG. Worth it?

Someone's selling me this T14SG for $180 in peso equivalent. User is quitting the hobby and will just settle with a DJI Mavic. It doesn't come with a receiver. Tested and it functioned well. As a newbie I do not know how else I should test used radios other than flying with it. Haven't done a range test. Neither do I know how to test it for glitches. Will do some research. Assuming it doesn't have any issue, would this be worth it? only apparent cons are the erased characters and scratches. no box, no manual. only comes with battery and charger.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	26909177_2034089876602927_1253400366_o.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	2251341  

Last edited by Beibitoi; 01-16-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:48 PM
DaveHickey

Well. with the RX it's $550US new. The Rx is $140US new. I suspect it is a good deal unless it is beat to hell.
Nice setup since it will drive any FASST OR FHSS receiver. You can get a new 8ch S-FHSS Rx for $50 from
Futaba or $24 for a Delta8. Both have worked well for me.

D.H.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:52 PM
Beibitoi

Thanks Dave!

Well it turns out the antenna has been glued and can no longer be adjusted. Too bad I havent noticed that earlier. I heard though the replacement antenna is cheap. with that, the problem now is the pretty messed up look due to the scratches. I have 2 more days to decide and I'm really having a hard time now. lol. Hope others could share their opinion if this is a good buy or not.
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

You need to check on that antenna. I have a Futaba 7C that we dropped at the field and broke the antenna at the hinge. It still worked OK so I glued the antenna solid and continued to used it, Some time later I called Futaba and they said that they do not sell the antenna to the public and that the radio would have to be returned to Futaba for the antenna to be replaced and tuned, which was pretty expensive.