Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 AM
hamlet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

[FRSkY PRODUCT QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS]

I would like to ask your suggestion in my RC model. In my design, I preplanned to use Horus-X12S and X8R, and then when it is necessary to obtain even longer range and using 2 receivers at a time. I have some confusion to finalize the model.

Lets Say, X8R and L9R. I was looking for possibilities of using two receivers at the same time. Since I got to know about Redundancy Bus (RB-10) or one with built-in redundancy receiver like RX8R. It might be possible with RX8R with another X-Series receiver but I don't see any additional benefit of using the combination of two X-Series receivers such as RX8R and X8R because both have the same operating range.

I agree that the L9R can provide better-operating range than X8R and RX8R. Therefore, I am thinking that. is there any possibilities of using (X8R and L9R) or (RX8R and L9R) with redundancy function.
I have no concern about using RB-10 (REDUNDANCY BUS MODULE) or built-in redundancy function receivers but I want to have one FrSky's X-Series receiver and longer range than X-Series receivers (such as L9R).
Is it possible ? I have this question because X8R/RX8r works in D16 mode but L9R works LR12 mode. Therefore I need to clarify this first.

Suppose L9R cannot be binded at a time with another receiver then, is there any other receiver has the same operating range as L9R?

Kindly provide me with your suggestion into that. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:33 AM
MaxSouthoz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very good question, Hamlet.

I'll be avidly reading the replies.

Cheers
Max
Old 01-31-2018, 09:55 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

When I bind my I6S to my iA6C I lose the binding to my iA6B. I've never tried to figure out why. They both came with the transmitter. The transmitter automatically binds to the iA6C if it is on so when I want to go back to the iA6B I have to keep the iA6C off and rebind the iA6B. It's a pain because I have one in one boat and the other in the other boat.