Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Who hoarded all the 50mhz (HAM) gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:38 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who hoarded all the 50mhz (HAM) gear?

I had a thought that it would be fun to scrape up some old 50mhz ham RC gear and put in a couple classic planes I have. Guess what. I can’t find any! I thought there would be 50mhz gear at fire sale prices all over the place. NOPE!

Does anyone know of a source? Possibly a guy who sells it out of his van down a dark alley?

Perplexed!

Dave
KE5GNJ
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Part of the problem, there never was that much of it sold. Even though I was a ham back in the day, I never used any 50 MHz gear as the choices were just too limited compared to the more common 72 MHz stuff. In later years, many companies no longer offered any 50 MHz equipment.

Good luck in your search. You might try the Golden Age, Vintage, Antique forum. Probably more likely to find what you want there.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:20 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of us are still using our old 6 meter gear. But I will have to agree that it was never that popular and I would think that the percentage of RC gear sold on 6 meters was not very significant. In my being relocated for work several times the nice part was I was the only one flying on 6 meters in the clubs I belonged to.
73s
Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 PM
[email protected]

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MIGHT HELP A BIT: I have a few crystals left, and schematics for Orbits and probably some others. Ask if needed. [email protected]
Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 AM
giguchan
My Feedback: (2)

I was hoping to find a thread like this...
When i first got into RC 6M was the way to go!! I didn't have to wait at the field... If i saw an un familiar face i would ask where he or she was flying.... and after that.. just pinned myself and up i went!
True, A lot of 6m gear wasn't sold... when i bought my T9CAP i was always asked"are you sure" and "WHY"? I recently got back into the hobby. Like an idiot I sold all my RX's and only have ONE plane left- which i am converting( with some reluctance) over to Electric.

if you need a radio... i'll sell you mine... thing is i cant find the power cube.. I will also take out the RX if you need it. I recently just picked up a Futaba 8JA.

Good to hear that Ham are still interested in the 6m portion of RC.

P.S. watch those alleys..Thats how i found my last GF... she had a J3 under her arm..
73' N2GIG(A- FOREVER TECHIE)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RC1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	2255333   Click image for larger version

Name:	RC2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	2255334  

Last edited by giguchan; 02-20-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:59 PM
rv9apilot

I've

Last edited by rv9apilot; 02-27-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:05 PM
rv9apilot

I've got a JR Max 6 computer, 53 Mhz. Still have the box, receiver, 4 servos, charger and instruction book that I bought in 1988 or so. Also have a JR Max 4 in the box with receiver, 4 servos, charger and instructions. 53 Mhz as well. Charged both systems up just this past Sunday and low and behold everything still works. I didn't even know anybody was the least bit interested.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:54 PM
giguchan
My Feedback: (2)

Some folks are still interested..... I just figured that i'd better move on with the times.... I have one plane that i am going to convert.
Thanks for the reply.