RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Frsky QX7, R9M, R9 and Vector FC

Old 03-21-2018, 06:28 PM
HABlauncher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Frsky QX7, R9M, R9 and Vector FC

I've been researching the forums as i piece together my first build and there's a few things that I'm still unclear about.

As the title says I'll be using a Frsky system with a Vector flight controller. My first question is about the channels on the RX. The documentation says that it's a 8/16 channel receiver and i see the 8 standard servo connections along with the sbus in and out. Since I'll be using sbus between my rx and flight controller, does that mean i can use the other standard servo connections(1-8) on the rx for what ever i want such a as lights or camera switcher or whatever comes to mind using channel mapping ?? What about the extra connections on the Vector flight controller... I have all the servos connected from my wing to the Vector, but there's still 2 AUX slots.

The next question is more specific to the R9. It has sbus in and out on it, and admittedly i haven't looked at a lot of receivers, but this is the only one I've seen with both IN and OUT. Does this mean i could daisy chain other non active receivers via sbus and use those channels also ?? And if that can't be done, why would i even need sbus in and out ??

Thanks