Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX9 issue, i think

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 03:27 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX9 issue, i think

Hey all. I think im having an issue with my DX9. I have it linked to 2 planes at this point, and with bith receivers, one a spektrum, and one an orange, i seem to have connection issues. Ill work the control surfaces, and all of a sudden, i have no control, myabe for a second, maybe for three, then i have control again. While i dont have control, the suraces kind of freak out. Now, a buddy and i were out at the field playing and he noticed by watching my throttle, that failsafe didnt always kick in. Sometimes it seemed like it was attempting to. Then it would just stop. Ive tried new batteries and used batteries, all of which were charged correctly and at a full charge. Has anyone had issues with the DX9 like this? Reason im asking is because i think ive ruled out all other possible problems elsewhere. I guess my question is, is this a peoblem with the DX9s? Should i contact horizon and start a service ticket? Thanks for any help here.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well the first thing you need to do is get rid of that orange rx. If you're going to buy that kind of stuff, it needs to be the yellow or "Lemon" as the orange ones have a reputation for not playing well. Check the forums at RCGroups.

Next thing I would check is the battery voltage getting to the rx. Use a multimeter and check at the end of the servo lead going to the rx. You may have a power problem if it's only one model of the two as you didn't say.