RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum Tx advice

Old 06-07-2018, 01:47 PM
tantra4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spectrum Tx advice

I am getting back into R/C after a few years, and plan to start with a Conscendo Advanced sailplane. I need to by a Spectrum Tx for SAFE-mode flying. I am not looking for an advanced radio, since I already own a Jeti DC16. Is there a 'sweet spot' in the Spektrum Tx lineup that you guys would recommend? I don't mind spending more money for quality, but I probably don't need more than 6 channels.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:04 PM
MaxSouthoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I came back after a 50 year break, and bought a DX9. Haven't regretted it for a moment.

It has all of the good stuff - AS3X - telemetry - and a very sophisticated (but easy to follow), command system.

The Spektrum on line back up is excellent, together with a comprehensive YouTube tutorial set - plus Mike's tips.

Second hand DX6's are a dime a dozen around here. Spend the extra and get the DX9.

You'll be glad you did.

Cheers
Max
Old 06-08-2018, 06:19 AM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm with Max, but if you really need to save the cash then I recommend the DX6. It includes voice, telemetry, and Forward Programming. The DX6e doesn't have FP or voice.

Andy