Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12X battery help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:48 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12X battery help

The battery on my trusty 12X won't charge. The charger doesn't see the pack and I've tried several different chargers. I switched to Eneloops many years a go and they work great. I went out last weekend and I couldn't charge at all. I still had enough voltage that I flew but I can't charge at all.

I think the PCB board is done, which is why no charger can see the pack. The whole cassette is really hard to find so I'd appreciate any ideas.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:50 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, See if Steve can help you at

NoBS Batteries RC Battery Packs for Giant Scale, IMAC

Dan
Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by All Day Dan
Bob, See if Steve can help you at

NoBS Batteries RC Battery Packs for Giant Scale, IMAC

Dan
+1 and do not use the JR provided charger with the 12X, just a regular walwart as the provided charger cooks the batteries. Cassettes show up occasionally over on RCGroups classifieds.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Challenger 2
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a small fuse that looks like a resistor on the pcb within the battery case. My guess is that it has blown. This usually happens when you short the charging leads, or plug in a charger with the incorrect polarity. You can temporarily jumper the fuse and be very careful, or find a electronics savy friend to open the battery and replace it for you. I sold all my 12X stuff, and no longer have the parts. Thanks!