RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

E Bay Futaba Receivers

Old 06-26-2018, 10:26 PM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default E Bay Futaba Receivers

There are a few vendors in Hong Kong selling Futaba receivers. Has anyone here tried them?
I'm concerned about counterfeit goods, especially from Hong Kong.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:25 AM
andy boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have ordered from Taiwan and China. I got the R7008SB to link up with the one that came with my Futaba 16SZ Tx. Worked just fine.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:28 PM
HunkaJunk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know Futaba has issued warnings about counterfeit servos and gyros back in 2008 and 2009, The problem has almost certainly gotten worse for Futaba products as it has for all others.

The problem with counterfeit electronics products is mostly on the inside and invisible to the naked eye, they may not have the correct grade of semiconductors in them, yes there are different grades of semiconductors. Semiconductor grades are a complex specifications, but much of it has to do with the purity of the silicon and other materials they are made from, even a very tiny loss of raw material purity will degrade the performance of the semiconductor in multiple ways, depending on the application, it may be less sensitive or generate more heat....etc.

I generally look at the price, if It's "dirt cheap" you may be looking at a substandard product, for the same reason substandard solar panels are so much cheaper. Also I have seen some Ebay auctions that state the product as brand name, then somewhere in the description fine print they wil use language like "generic branded" or "discount" or "unbranded".

Last edited by HunkaJunk; 06-30-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:41 AM
Dave Harmon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by catboater View Post
There are a few vendors in Hong Kong selling Futaba receivers. Has anyone here tried them?
I'm concerned about counterfeit goods, especially from Hong Kong.
Get your Futaba and other mfgrs stuff from RCJAPAN.
https://www.rcjapan.net/

They are a reputable dealer and stand behind all their sales.
I have bought a lot of Futaba gear from them over the past 3 years....5 day service to the Americas and the prices cannot be beat.
Generally...the prices are a two-fer compared to the previous Tower pricing.
The equipment is the same of course because it is mfgd by Futaba.....definitely no counterfeit stuff from RCJ!!
Now that there seems to be no Futaba sales in the USA....RCJ is the place to go...safely!
They have good email English and are prompt with communication if needed.
They will assist with repair or replacement under mfgrs warranty if needed.
I bought a ESC that was defective so I sent them an email explaining the situation.
I returned it to RCJ and they returned it to Futaba who replaced it under warranty.
The next time RCJ had a slight mistake on their website describing a S-BUS hub.
Not knowing this....I ordered it and when it came it turned out to be the wrong configuration (there are 2 types of hubs)
I emailed RCJ and they instantly corrected the website description and immediately refunded the amount to my credit card.
Then I re-ordered the correct hub...again receiving it in 5 days.
The customer service from RCJ cannot be beat!
They use PayPal.
I don't have a PP account so I used the PP Guest function....works great and you get the same email confirmation from PP as if you had a regular account.
RCJ also sends an email confirmation.

Highly recommended!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Futaba USA is expecting to start selling equipment off their new website on the 16th of this month I think is what Nick Maxwell said in an interview over on FG.