RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FRSKY FR-4CH receiver

Old 08-26-2018, 08:34 AM
milled1946

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FRSKY FR-4CH receiver

Anyone out there have this receiver?
I have 4 of therm, and have noticed that if RSSI is lost, and then recovered, the servo motion is VERY slow (3-4 seconds end-to-end) and very jerky.
That fact alone makes this receiver unusable for me. After 3 seconds, all I have to do is go pick up the pieces.
any ideas appreciated.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM
countilaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Milled,
I have several of those receivers and have never experienced the problems you are having. I am not a radio expert, but try rebinding the receiver. And another idea is don't stand too close to the receiver with the transmitter. The transmitter seems to swamp the receivers when within a few feet of each other.

I have been having great luck with my Fr Sky equipment and will never go back to Fatuba or JR. And forget Spectrum, way too many problems.
Frank
Old 09-05-2018, 09:43 AM
milled1946

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 4 of them, and they all do the same thing.. turn transmitter off-on while in control, and control is now very jerky, and slow.
I have tested all 4 of them with taranis, taranis plus, and two xjt modules. they all do the same thing, Not related to tx distance or whether in full power or range test.
Do I have 4 bad receivers???
This model receiver is the only one that exhibits this problem, all of the other models work fine (v8fr-hv, d8r-II, x6r,, x8r,d8r2+ all work fine)- re-binding doesn't help.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by milled1946; 09-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.