RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR America service?

Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR America service?

Hello all, has anyone recently ( like in the last month) sent a radio in for service to JR America? I was planning on sending in my trusty 12X to get upgraded to DSMX and have been waiting all week for a response from them on cost and providing a method of payment. Their phone number has been removed from the website and now there is just an email link for contacting them. Thank you for any info you can provide me.
RS
Old 09-27-2018, 02:33 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My understanding is that they are in the process of moving to the New England area and are expected to be unavailable for awhile.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:19 AM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I sent a note to the tech (he's a friend of mine from way back) to let him know about this thread.

Andy
Old 10-04-2018, 08:42 AM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl View Post
Hello all, has anyone recently ( like in the last month) sent a radio in for service to JR America? I was planning on sending in my trusty 12X to get upgraded to DSMX and have been waiting all week for a response from them on cost and providing a method of payment. Their phone number has been removed from the website and now there is just an email link for contacting them. Thank you for any info you can provide me.
RS
I sent my JR X9303 to Horizon Hobbies several months ago for the DSMX upgrade. They handled it and returned my radio in about 10 days. Works excellent plus they checked everything out. Check and see if they can do your 12X.

Cheers,

Jeff
Old 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On Aug 22nd I purchased a JR Sport ST126 servo from my LHS to be used in a BVM Electra for nose gear steering. Upon bench testing I discovered that the servo was defective and only "jerked" when applying power.. As the servo was under a 3 year warranty, I Priority Mailed it to Horizon for warranty repair and/or replacement. Since Horizon no longer handles JR they forwarded the servo to JR America for service. Shortly after I received an e-mail from JR America stating that they would not honor the warranty since the sales receipt had an incorrect 2012 date due to a point-of-sale problem with their sales register. I then notified JR Americas and asked them to contact the LHS and provided contact information. After a week or 2 I requested the return of the defective servo and was advised of a $ 7.99 shipping fee. I then asked for a mailing address to send a USPS money order but never received any reply- this was over 1 month ago. I'm still; waiting and like to get the servo back to for salvage and/or test fitting. Be aware of sending JR equipment to JR America for service. BTW, the LHS was kind enough to order ands provide a replacement Spektrum A6150 servo at No Charge. Superior service from my LHS, lpoor service from JR America.
Regards,
Art ARRO