RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flysky GT5 Help ???

Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Flysky GT5 Help ???

Hello everyone. I am from the tank forums, but have recently started messing with some 1/16 rc trucks that I am upgrading to hobby grade esc, servo and radio system. I just bought this radio brand new to use for the trucks as it stores 20 models in memory. So on to the issue at hand. I tried the first truck out today and what happens is, when I get in the throttle, the steering servo goes to the right at about half throttle and above. It does this both forward or reverse. I changed out battery pack, servo, esc and tried a different memory position on the radio before finally doing a mater reset on the radio...still have the same problem. Can anyone out there help me out as I am thoroughly lost and getting fed up quickly with his thing. Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Interesting! To start with, what radio? Motor and ESC? And battery(s)? And describe how it's all hooked up. i.e. is the ESC also powering the Rx? etc.

Couple of possibilities. I'm thinking the battery isn't up to the demands of the ESC and at a certain point, half throttle or so, the Rx becomes starved for voltage and is sending that servo into confusion. Or something like that. Bottom line is the battery may not be up to snuff and/or the ESC/Motor is drawing too much.

Second idea is there is some kind of mixing set up with either the Tx or Rx from the factory. Why they'd do it I don't know and the reset should have cleared it. And I don't really think this has possibilities but not knowing exactly what you have, I'm just throwing out ideas.