Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The next futaba radio. When?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:35 AM
Dosu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The next futaba radio. When?

Many of us are staunch. Futaba loyalists. I myself have been using and flying Futaba radios, receivers and servos for about 40 years now. We have steadily progressed from my first six sided silver transmitter which had only four channels up to the 18 MZ that I am currently flying. Obviously I am now waiting with bated breath for the next generation. Jetti and many others have launched new products into the market. I really don't see the big advantage of switching over to another brand when my 18 MZ does it all for me. There may be certain esoteric aspects of the telemetry where the new radios have some sort of advantage. But when I think about it, to switch radios would mean a ridiculous cost in terms of receivers and more importantly the reprogramming of all the aircraft that I own, to a new system.

At the age of 65+ I would happily spend my time and energy on new projects rather than reworking all the old ones.

So now I come to my point. Futaba normally releases a new radio around February or at the Toledo show. Is that what is going to happen in 2019?

I appreciate the fact that this is perhaps privileged information that I am asking for. Actually no. I'm not asking for any technical details of any new radio et cetera. I am just asking when I can look forward to being able to buy one. I am sure there are many others like me who are getting tempted with these new offerings but are waiting patiently.

Dosu
Old 11-14-2018, 08:33 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

According to Klaus (from Futaba in Germany) at JetPower this year, there is a system that is currently being worked on, but the delivery time is around 12-18 months away.

No other details know at this time.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 11-18-2018, 04:17 PM
pbeck39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have a lot catching up to do to match the technology now on offer from manufacturers such as DJI whose drone controllers are streets ahead. Especially so with respect to telemetery.