Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What to Do

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 01:45 PM
madmanmikie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to Do

Hello, I have a Futaba 4ch reciever and a Superstar 40. I charged my batteries for the 15 hrs like it says I should. The question I'm asking is, If only I fly the plane for maybe 15-25 mins. Do I take it home leave the switches for the plane and transmitter on untill the batteries are dead, then charge again for a full 15 hrs. because this is what I've been doing in the past. If not, what is the best recommadations for me. Also,when the plane has been fully charged up, but has sat for 3-6 days, is it best that I put it on the charger for a couple of hrs before I go an fly again? Thank You What to do
Old 09-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Ross Kean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to Do

Don't discharge the batteries all the way. If you discharge them too much, you will risk cell reversal. There is no benefit to discharging on a regular basis!

If you have only flown for 15-20 minutes, I wouldn't do anything unless I was planning to fly the next day. The night before you go flying, plug in the plane and receiver and let them go for at least eight hours. A good trick (from Red's battery clinic) is to plug the charger into an appliance timer set to charge for one hour per day. This keeps everything topped off without overcharging (starting from fully charged batteries).

(see http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com/timer.html )

Do some reading at Red's site for lots of other information!

http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com

Ross