Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New to building quadcopters...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 12:26 PM
averma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to building quadcopters...

For the most part, I understand the nuts and bolts of how to put together a quadcopter. But because I've never actually put one together, I do have a few noobie questions for all you out there... I guess I'll preface my questions first with my current quad situation. I have a 220mm Eachine Wizard quad. I've only flown it a few times and have practiced mostly through a simulator. I've not hard crashed my drone, but I did have a rough landing and maybe hit some twig branches. My quad is all in one piece, but the last time I flew it, the FPV video went black (which I believe to be completely separate from the motor issue). Also, the front left brushless motor has a weird issue where it doesn't spin up with the other motors. If I punch the throttle, it does spin up, but even mid flight it kicked in and out almost causing my drone to fall from a height.

My questions:

1) When the FPV video went black, it was still receiving a video signal with the OSD showing, just black video feed behind the OSD. I suspect either a loose connection or maybe the VTX is toast. I'm not sure how to begin diagnosing this issue...

2) As far as my motor goes, I plan to take the propellors offf, connect to betaflight, and test the faulty motor individually with a multimeter to see if the current/voltage matches the working motors. If I see weird numbers on the faulty motor, it probably means a faulty ESC. Whatever the case may be, it leads to my 2nd question... Is it OK to mix and match my one faulty 2300KV motor with another 2300KV motor of another brand? The same ones are out of stock online. And I have the same question regarding the ESC, is it OK to have one ESC different than the other 3 as long as the specs are accomodating to the rest of the drone?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.