Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum Bind Plug Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spektrum Bind Plug Question

I'm missing something when it comes to binding a new Spektrum receiver.

All the Receivers come with a female bind plug. I always have to use the Male that came with my transmitter. It's the one that fits in my Spektrum or JR charge jacks when I need to bind.

How do you bind with the female bind plug that's supplied with a new receiver?

Thanks for any help,
Bob
Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Specktrum Bind Plug Question

Usually, you receive two Bind plugs. The Male plug is plugged directly into the Batt/Bind port on the Rx. The Female plug can be plugged into the Charging Jack, on the switch harness.

There are some situations where you cannot Bind from the charging jack. I ran across a situation where I was using a Voltage Regulator between the Swtich Harness and the Rx. I had to put a Y harness into the Batt/Bind port, plug the VR into one side of the Y and use the other side of the Y to plug in the Male Bind plug.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 AM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Usually, you receive two Bind plugs. The Male plug is plugged directly into the Batt/Bind port on the Rx. The Female plug can be plugged into the Charging Jack, on the switch harness.

There are some situations where you cannot Bind from the charging jack. I ran across a situation where I was using a Voltage Regulator between the Swtich Harness and the Rx. I had to put a Y harness into the Batt/Bind port, plug the VR into one side of the Y and use the other side of the Y to plug in the Male Bind plug.
My transmitter came with one of each plug looped together. I have purchased five more transmitters, AR6200's and AR7000's, and each came with only one female plug. I have a pile of females and one male. I thought that maybe there was some secret that I missed.
Thank you for your reply,
Bob
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guy.............I have three planes using the 2.4 Spectrum DX7 setup. All three receivers are buried in the fuse, so if at the field, I need to re-bind for some reason, I plug the female bind plug into my "Ernst" fuse mounted charge jack. This way, I can re-bind without removing the wing & unwraping the reciever. Just an easier way.............

Also....Make your own bind plugs............just use a short ail extension...............cut it in half............loop the two outside wires together on each one, & solder & heat shrink. The center wire is not used & can be cut off. Do the same for the other end & you now have a female & male spare bind plug. Much cheaper than buying them. Cheap works for me.............

Tcat
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Spektrum Bind Plug Question

I hope you don't keep that Male bind plug in the same bag with all those Female bind plugs!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:06 PM
colecaz

I do that and no matter how I put them in, when I go to get them out they're plugged together.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

We can't allow any statements in this forum that smack of sex, politics, or religion. Please remove the previous post as it has elements of at least two of those taboo subjects lurking about somewhere in there.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:14 AM
Crazy Legs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a Spectrum SPM9532 Deluxe Switch Harness to work with my AR7000 receiver. I'm seeing posts that suggest that I can BIND my receiver from the Charge Jack, which is part of the switch harness, and mounted to the side of the airplane. Is that true? So the Switch Harness receptacle (on the same side of the switch as the Battery plug) gets pugged into the Binding port on the Receiver and all the other ports on the receiver are connected to servos, so unless I can BIND through the Charge jack, then I would need to disconnect something to Bind my receiver. Does that make sense?
Old 04-18-2022, 11:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If your switch is plugged into the BIND or BATT/BIND port, AND you are using a 3 wire switch harness which I believe that is, then yes you can use the female portion of the bind plug and bind through the switch harness. Just plug a bind plug into the charge port and power on the system and see if the lights flash, they should
Old 04-19-2022, 05:06 AM
Crazy Legs

Default Shorting Plugs From Servo Extension

Let me know of this idea will work for a Male / Female Binding Plug for my Spectrum Receiver. I have stripped the insulation from the Brown and Orange wires in the center, bound them with a fine wire, and will solder them together. Then I'll insulate the joint and the extracted contact if this looks correct. See attached photo. Reply and let me know if this will work. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2022, 04:01 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

No need to isolate the center contact. Plug it back in.

The short between the other two is what tells the receiver to go into bind mode.

Andy
Old 04-26-2022, 05:58 AM
Crazy Legs

Thank you for that information Andy.