Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

old futaba 2 channel 27mhz AM transmitter question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

old futaba 2 channel 27mhz AM transmitter question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 04:38 AM
propjaw
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old futaba 2 channel 27mhz AM transmitter question

I have an older Futaba FPT-2F transmitter on 27 MHz AM. This is the type that has the big printed circuit board inside. I would like to convert it to 2.4 using a Frsky module. Can anyone help me to find where to solder the ppm and positive and negative voltage leads from the module? I know its just easier to buy a new radio that is modern and has servo reversing but this would be used in a vintage sailboat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-20-2019, 01:34 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Propjaw-
Why not use it on 27MHz?
Old 03-20-2019, 03:57 PM
propjaw

All of the new modern receivers are narrow band. I don't know if they would work with my transmitter. I don't think this transmitter is gold stickered.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:17 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I don't think it matters with AM. I've run modern 27MHz receivers with my wide band transmitters no problem.

BUT: You have to watch out for old transmitter crystals. As they age they slide off frequency. I had to sort through my transmitter crystals.

Last edited by grotto2; 03-27-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:41 PM
propjaw

I bought a new receiver on the same frequency as the transmitter. So far using it in a sailboat it seems to be working fine. I will pay attention to the information you gave me about the crystals. Thanks.