Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FutabaUSA radio prices?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 03:05 PM
TJP
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question FutabaUSA radio prices?

The radios Futabausa sells are they refurbs or brand new?
Why are they cheaper than Tower Hobbies?

Thanks, Tom
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 PM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The radios being sold by FutabaUSA are new radios.

As for why radios direct from FutabaUSA are less than those on Tower's site is open to speculation. I would suggest this... Last year Hobbico went bankrupt and it's assets were sold off. Horizon Hobby acquired several of those assets to include Tower Hobbies. It did not acquire the distribution rights to Futaba. At this point it is worth noting that Horizon Hobby, the new owner of Tower, is the exclusive distributor of Spektrum - a competing brand of Futaba. Some speculated that had Futaba come under distribution of Horizon, they might not have been well supported as Horizon is 100% committed to its own brand, Spektrum.

Now time has passed and I guess it wouldn't surprise me to find that Futaba equipment on Horizon's site, Tower, wasn't very competitively priced compared to Spektrum.

But I'm only guessing.

Last edited by wjvail; 04-12-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn2t see much difference in price between Futaba USA or TowerHobbies on the cost of their equipment. For example the radio that I purchased from tower a year and half ago the 8Ja was $279.99 before Hobbico folded and now that same radio is$327.99 at Futabusa and $329.99 at Tower. To me it was ruse just raise prices and its a good thing that I wont be needing more than 1 transmitter as this on 2.4ghz with a 20 model memory!
Michael