Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixing for Florio Stunt Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mixing for Florio Stunt Wagon

I'm dusting off a Florio Stunt Wagon I last flew 20 plus years ago. With new bearings, the plane will be good to go by this weekend. What I am stuck with is I don't recall how the heck I mixed my Futaba Super 7 back then. Computer radios were new on the scene and there were specific articles written on how to mix the control surfaces to make the plane that much more aerobatic. The ailerons were mixed to the elevator ala control line planes for loops - you could do 4 foot loops with the thing. Does anyone remember what mixes were used? The instruction booklet simply mentions that a computer radio is a big help but no details. I hope someone has a better memory than I do. Thanks.

Dan
Old 04-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RCPilot100
I'm dusting off a Florio Stunt Wagon I last flew 20 plus years ago. With new bearings, the plane will be good to go by this weekend. What I am stuck with is I don't recall how the heck I mixed my Futaba Super 7 back then. Computer radios were new on the scene and there were specific articles written on how to mix the control surfaces to make the plane that much more aerobatic. The ailerons were mixed to the elevator ala control line planes for loops - you could do 4 foot loops with the thing. Does anyone remember what mixes were used? The instruction booklet simply mentions that a computer radio is a big help but no details. I hope someone has a better memory than I do. Thanks.

Dan
Here's a 14 year old build thread of that model right here on RCU that you may find interesting. I just glanced at it and didn't see any radio stuff but there might be some toward the end of the thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/begi...gon-build.html
Old 04-25-2019, 06:12 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Zeeb,

I had already scanned this article and there is nothing about radio setup. Mixing is one of the things that makes this beast do insane loops. I guess I'm just going to have to do a bunch of mixing to make it happen again. All I remember was going thru the articles written way back and say wow, that's easy if you know several tricks. I've never seen anyone I fly with actually use what was used on the Florio planes - I'm just hoping I can bring it back to life. Thanks.

Dan