Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX9 bizarre behavior

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
browntdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX9 bizarre behavior

I have a model set on my new DX9. It worked fine yesterday when the volume was 100 percent.
Today I turned on the transmitter and added more planes. All went well. When i went back to the original model, the volume was at 90 percent. The transmitter immediately started screeching, the spektrum logo started flashing orange, and the speaker kept repeating over and over, "volume 90". I was able with great effort to finally get the volume down to zero using the back and scroll wheel and all went back to normal. During the time I was trying to get the volume down, it kept resetting to 90 percent before i finally was able to get it down.

When I incrementally increased the volume using the scroll wheel every 10 percent up to 60, still all worked well. When I increased the volume up to 70, it immediately jumped to 90 and started the screeching and logo flashing and saying volume 90.

When I turned off the transmitter, it kept saying volume 90 and screeching for about 2 seconds.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Last edited by browntdb; 06-16-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:24 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by browntdb
.......Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
That is your transmitter's way of telling you to call Horizon's service department , tomorrow morning , and make a plan with them to send it in for repairs .

And no , you can't try just one more flight before you send it in ......
Old 06-17-2019, 09:19 PM
browntdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I deleted the model and re-entered it, and all is fine now.