Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio interference

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:48 PM
LVsRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio interference

Has anyone experienced interference on channel 48? I bought a Hitec Focus 6 last Sept, put in in my phaeton II, and had an uncommanded roll/dive into the ground. Put it in a 4 star 40, and didn't have any problems until one day I was flying with someone who was on channel 49, and had a feeling like I wasn't in control. Then today I took off and as soon as the wheels left the ground the plane rolled right (never had to correct roll trim in over a dozen flights). Thought I trimmed it out, but was flying straight and level and it just rolled, then dove. Straightened it out, then it rolled/dove straight into the ground. Tried pulling the throttle back during the flight so I could get it on the ground, but no response. The same thing happened with my Phaeton II. After this crash, I heard a full scale bird off in the distance, and was wondering if I got hit by its' radios.[&o]
Old 09-28-2003, 07:11 PM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Radio interference

Were you experiencing interference while on the ground? It would have been good to do a range check, and see if there was interference developing while on the ground.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:33 PM
LVsRCSA

Default RE: Radio interference

Paul_C; I always do a range check before each flight, and on this particular day I spent quite a bit of time "tweaking" the engine without any glitches. I talked to someone else who flys ch 48, and he experienced the exact same problem. He put 5 flights on his Ultimate without a hitch one day, went for a 6th then got hit. We have quite a bit of light aircraft traffic here (with a safe distance between us), and we both came to the conclusion that their radios are hitting us. The question now is, which channel is a good one to switch to that will avoid interference.