Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

asymmetric travel on JR 537 servo

Old 10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default asymmetric travel on JR 537 servo

I'm really desparately trying to get my LT-25 in the air before it gets too cold for comfortable flying. Last night, I was intstalling radio gear, fabricating linkages, etc. when I happened upon something that really bepuzzled me. I bolted down the aileron servo, centered it by turning on the Tx and Rx with trim and subtrim set to 0 (and I'm 99% sure the ATV is set to 100% both ways), and attached the horn and linkages at an appropriate neutral setting. Here's the situation: This servo travels WAAYY more in one direction than the other at full stick deflection. I have checked the linkages, so I know its not a mechanical limitation. What gives? Has anyone else had a servo do this? Should I swap it out for an HS425 I have spare, or just program the proper endpoints on the Tx? To further complicate matters (in other words, give you more background info), it's a JR 7ch slimline Rx, and I'm using an XF421 Tx to verify that everything works, but I will be flying with an Eclipse Tx (I know I will have to swap servo channels on the Rx.)
Old 10-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: asymmetric travel on JR 537 servo

First, I would plug it into a different channel to see if it does the same thing. If it does, it is probably the servo.

Next, definitely check the ATV settings.

A final thing I can think of is, did you do a reset of the computer before you programmed in this airplane? Even if it is a new radio, you need to get into the habit of going to the set-up menu and do a model reset. This clears out all your old programming. Some radios do leave the name, but clear everything else. My 8103 does this.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:47 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: asymmetric travel on JR 537 servo

Ed,

Thanks for the suggestions--I'll switch channels and try it tonight to see if it does the same thing. I'm pretty sure I reset all model programming to neutral, but I'll double-check. Since I'm going to fly it with my Eclipse Tx, I suppose the smart thing would be to stop messing around with the JR Tx and see if the problem persists after I go through the programming routine on the Eclipse.