RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 8103 and 10X battry issue. Please help.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Kaoma
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR 8103 and 10X battry issue. Please help.

Here is the problem. I have a JR 8103 FM Air and I have a bad issue with the stock battery design. As it comes from the factory, the radio has a stock battery pack with 2 wires and the white connector, all as one unit. I have replaced the stock battery pack with a home made Sanyo AA NiMH 1850mAh and I have placed the 8 cells into the "dry cell AA holder" that is also made by JR and has the "9v" connectors at the end. Reason for doing this is that I would like to replace the battery pack without messing with the "white connector" but here comes the problem....The JR 8103 battery compartment has the molded slots fot the matal tabs that would contact the "9v" connectors but NOT the tabs (you can look at the JR XS-3 radio to see what I mean). Why not??? design the radio with a quick drop off battery?. I have called the Horizon Hobby Help Center and the tabs are not for sale alone [&o]....
Does anybody have any idea of where to get those metal tabs (exact replacement) please? Have tried to make my own but they came out bad...
Also a second question, what type of battry attachment kind has the JR 10X radio? is it the same like the JR 8103 type? Just in case I could find some of those tabs I would get 2 sets for my future JR 10X radio. If you have any info please help. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:13 AM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR 8103 and 10X battry issue. Please help.

I had similar problems with my 9C. All I did was solder a connector to the terminals on the end of the back and plug it in like the stock battery pack.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:37 AM
SVFlier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The 10X battery pack is a different configuration in a molded case, with an on-board soldered fuse, so the pack must go back into Horizon for fuse replacement. Don't even worry about compatibility with 8103 packs! But, you may wish to order a backup 10X pack when you buy your radio.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Kaoma

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Any pictures of the JR 10X battery compartment and the battery pack please? Some close-up would be the best. You can send them to condruti@earthlink.net
Old 10-06-2003, 01:33 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Confused. The 8103 pack has leads ending in a custom white connector. When I changed out my stock pack I cut the leads and resoldered them onto the new pack.

As the the 10X. As mentioned above the 10X uses a custom battery cartridge. I also changed out the stock packs for 1650 NIMHs. The case is held shut with 4 screws. You'll have to unsolder and resolder the leads onto the circuit board, but that's all.

Pics of my two newly-upgraded packs -
Old 10-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Kaoma

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow....thanks a lot for the pics.