Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

autopilots

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 04:10 PM
coolhandz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autopilots

I dont know if this is the right forum for this post. but i have built an aircraft, and i want to make it fly autonomously. are any of you using any of these labtop based autopilot programs out there. are they crap? or do some of them work well. which ones are the best. thanx
Old 10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: autopilots

Not familiar with the 'laptop' autopilots but I think the most widely used system is a GPS coupled to a PDC10 (on rudder) to fly to waypoints you program on your GPS, and a leveling device type 'autopilot' such as a Futaba PA 1 or 2, or a BTA-06, or FMA co-pilot to maintain altitude and level it out in a turn. Others here may know of other systems or go the RC-CAM web site and ask there-some real UAV/RPV techies talk about this stuff.